Children can get their vegetables and have fun at the same time. Children love salsa
And quesadillas. Eating this Mexican inspired meal makes eating vegetables fun.
1 Vegetables – Salsa & Quesadillas Make a Great Meal or Snack
- 1 white onion
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 large jalapeño pepper
- 1 small can of chili peppers
- The juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. Sugar
1. Wash all the vegetables.
2. Use the vegetable chopper to chop the onion, cilantro, and tomatoes.
3. Set these ingredients aside.
4. Finely chop the jalapeño and the chilies.
5. Add the jalapeño and the chilies to the tomato mixture.
6. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
Wash your hands with soap and water after cutting up the vegetables to avoid getting hot pepper into your eyes. The whole family will enjoy this salsa. Use immediately or refrigerate. There is nothing more delicious than homemade salsa. You may never purchase pre made salsa again.
After the ingredients have blended in the refrigerator, the salsa tastes better. You can adjust the recipe to appeal to each family member. To make a milder salsa substitute sweet peppers for the jalapeño and chili peppers. To make a hotter salsa simply increase the onions and peppers.
There is an entire serving of vegetables in 1/2 cup of salsa. Use the salsa to top these delicious quesadillas
- 3 oz. Boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 corn or flour tortillas
- 2 oz. Jalapeno Jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray
3. Add chicken
4. Sauté chicken until cooked through and juices run clear
5. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside
6. Sauté remaining onion and garlic in nonstick skillet for 2 minutes
7. In another bowl, mix chicken with half of the salsa and set aside
8. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray
9. Place tortilla on baking sheet
10. Spread chicken and salsa mixture on the tortilla
11. Spread cooked garlic and onions over chicken
12. Sprinkle cheese evenly over onion and garlic
13. Cover with another tortilla
14. Bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted
15. Cut into four wedges and serve with remaining salsa
Serving size: 2 wedges