We know water is the elixir of life for us. But do our dogs need drinking water? If so how much? When to give themwater? 7 facts about dog’s drinking water have been listed below.
1. Dogs need water to sustain.Dogs must be fed fresh water at least 3 times a day. It is said they need at least 2ml for every pound he weighs or at least 2.5 times amount of the daily food it consumes.
2. More water needs to be provided when your dog eats more of dry food. Water requirement is not as much for raw or canned food.
3. Dogs prefer cold water. The temperature of water needs to be decided according to weather, amount of exercise, degree of exercise, age and how much your dog’s kidneys can hold.
4. Snow as a substitute for water is unacceptable and can be dangerous as it is contaminated. You can give homemade ice cubes as treats if your dog likes frozen water.
5. During housebreaking put down the water bowl for about 10 minutes and give about 3-4 hours and take your puppy out. Give your puppy water about 3 hours before bedtime.
6. Pay attention to how much water your dog drinks. If your dog drinks unusually more or less than it normal volume of water, it can be signs of being unwell.
7. Do not allow your dog to drink large amounts of water after physical activity or exercise to avoid water intoxication.
To look at the best books and media in the market about Dogs, visit: