- FINANCES – If you want to start an Indian restaurant, as with any other restaurant, it is very important to make sure you have your finances are in order. Without finances you will struggle as there are many costs associated with starting an Indian restaurant. The worst thing that could happen is having to stop because you have run out of money.
- KNOW YOUR MARKET – Know what your market not only wants, but what they need and give it to them. This will make sure you have a successful business
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT CHEF – have a chef who is competent and reliable unless this is you. Your chef will be crucial in making sure your food is at a certain standard and also that it is consistent
- FIND THE RIGHT LOCATION – location, location, location is not only the truth about houses. Finding the right location will make your restaurant more appealing and give it a head start
- DECIDE THE DECOR AND BE CONGRUENT – Being congruent in your design from the menus to the food and decor will make people feel comfortable and not know why. This is really important. So it is good idea to plan this from the beginning
- PLAN YOUR MENU – some restaurants stretch themselves too far because they have so many things they would like to give to the customers, and this is great but can leave the chef and everyone else not doing anything well. It is better to provide fewer things and in a timely manner then give it all and make mistakes. It is very easy to do this with Indian food since there is so many things to offer.
- BE PREPARED BEFORE OPENING YOUR DOORS – Before you open your doors for the first time, make sure you are ready since you do not often get a chance to make a first impression and the customers will be looking for a reason to come back, so make sure you give them one.
Once you are prepared and decide you want to open and start an Indian restaurant, you will want to make sure you follow these rules. There are really large statistics stating that that over 80% of small businesses fail. You do not want to be one of those statistics. You need to learn as much as possible before you decide to open your restaurant. Make sure you read everything you can and get good guidance.