Planning a baby shower can be a lot of work. It takes approximately 2 – 3 months to plan a successful party. And if it’s a surprise shower that makes it even harder.
The host / hostesses have to prepare the guest list, choose a party theme, send out invitations, prepare food and entertainment, choose prizes and favors for the guests, and clean up afterward. Let’s not mention the cost and time to plan the party. The guests also have to take time out of their busy schedules to shop for a gift and attend the party. So how do you show your appreciation for their thoughtfulness and time? There are several ways to show them just how much you appreciate them!
- Even though you are the guest of honor, make sure your guests know how much you appreciate them taking time out of their busy schedules to share this special day with you. Socialize with them and thank everyone personally for attending.
- Give your guests a practical and useful baby shower favor as a thank you gift. Some good choices are edible favors, lip balm, tissue packs, seed packs, and scented candles. Don’t give useless favors, such as baby wash cloth lollipops as a thank you gift.
- Make sure to choose an extra special gift for the host / hostesses. They went through a lot of trouble to plan a perfect shower. Gift certificates to a favorite restaurant, spa, or salon is one way to show your appreciation. You could also treat them to a girls day out after you have the baby.
- Send thank you cards after the party to each guest. Make sure to make the card personal, thanking them for the specific gift they gave you. A good way to keep track is to have a notepad and pen handy at the shower to write down the person’s name and their gift.
- After the baby is born take pictures of the baby using the gifts you received and send a copy to the person that gave you each specific gift. They will truly enjoy seeing their gift put to good use.
- Make a short speech at your baby shower thanking everyone for attending and letting them know how much you appreciate their thoughtfulness.
A baby shower is a gathering to celebrate the arrival of a new life. It is meant to shower the mother and baby with gifts. Show your appreciation for your baby shower to your friends and family with gifts from your heart!