Casseroles are a popular choice for dinner because they are generally quick and easy to make. Below is a recipe for tater tot casserole. This is an easy recipe that moms or dads can make after a hectic day at work. You can make this a leaner dish by substituting the ground beef for ground chicken or ground turkey. It also calls for cream of celery soup. You can also put two cans of cheese soup or any of your other favorite creamed soups.
2 lb ground beef
1 10.5 oz can of cream of celery soup (some brands may say 10 3/4 oz but it's okay)
1 10.5 oz can of cheese soup
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 8 ounce package of cheddar cheese
1 14.5 ounce can of green beans
Non stick cooking spray
1 regular package of tater tots
9×13 baking dish
Preheat oven to 450 degrees or according the directions on the package of tater tots.
1) Place ground beef in a skillet along with 1 tsp of garlic powder and 1 tsp onion powder for flavor. Brown hamburger and drain. (Juices will run clear when hamburger is cooked)
2) Place ground beef in a mixing bowl along with the cheese soup, cream of celery soup, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, can of green beans and 1/4 package of cheddar cheese. Mix well.
3) Spray baking dish. Take mixture and place in dish. Spread evenly.
4) Add tater tots to the top of mixture. Spray tater tots lightly with cooking spray to achieve a crisp taste.
5) Bake in oven 18-22 minutes or until tater tots are golden brown.
6) Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Put back in the oven and bake 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
After you remove this from the oven, let it sit about 5 minutes before serving. This is a great dish to take to a family gathering or a pot luck. If served for dinner, it is best served with a side salad.